Advice on Moroccan labour law
A risky legal framework for employers
It is unfortunate for an employer to be ordered to pay compensation to an employee who has been guilty of serious misconduct. However that is what happens when the dismissal procedure is not applied correctly. In force since 2004, the Moroccan Labour Code provides a relatively rigid legal framework concerning companies’ new challenges. Its application by judges is often subject to contradictory interpretations on the same subject. Therefore, in this rapidly changing environment, we are able to draw on significant expertise to guarantee you the highest possible legal support to our knowledge in relation to Moroccan employment and pensions law. We know how to support our clients in the construction or development of a corporate project in line with their economic and financial challenges.
Advanced and comprehensive expertise in Moroccan employment and pensions law
Whether you are a multinational company operating in Morocco or a local corporation, our legal advisors can assist you in all matters relating to labour law and employment and pensions law. at any stage of development and regardless of your business sector, Our wide-ranging expertise covers all areas of employment and pensions law. We mainly work in an advisory capacity on numerous issues including:
- Directors’ status and departure negotiations,
- Management of individual working relationships: recruitment, drafting and amendment of employment contracts, drafting of special clauses (e.g. exclusivity, non-competition, reinforcement of confidentiality and loyalty obligations and training commitment),
- Drafting and adoption of internal rules,
- Workplace health, safety and hygiene,
- Flexible working hours and working time,
- Compensation for workplace accidents and management of occupational diseases,
- Disciplinary sanctions and procedures,
- Management of procedures for terminating employment contracts: conduct of individual dismissals on personal grounds (serious misconduct or cumulative non-serious misconduct) or economic grounds; negotiations with employees, simulation of dismissal compensation, establishment of settlement agreements,
- Job-saving plan,
- Management of labour disputes,
- Management of employee representative institutions (establishment of employee representative bodies, workplace elections and trade union appointments, etc.),
- Choice of social security schemes for salaried and non-salaried employees,
- Pensions and employee benefit schemes,
- National Social Security Office (CNSS) inspections,
- Corporate acquisition audits,
- National and international restructuring.
Our teams’ access to the firm’s extensive area of legal and tax expertise ensures that we have a comprehensive understanding of your most complex issues.
Managing international mobility: a major challenge
As well as being experts in international employment and pensions law, our multilingual legal advisors are also able to advise you on all issues relating to employee mobility:
- Advice on the choice of suitable social security cover and assistance with the formalities to be completed,
- Analysis of international social security agreements with regard to the secondment and expatriation regime,
- Advice on repatriation of income for Moroccan employees posted abroad,
- Remuneration of foreign employees and transfer of professional income earned abroad,
- Assistance to foreign employees (secondment certificates, employment contracts for foreigners and residence permits).
All decisive skills to ensure your company’s growth.