We are pleased to present this winter edition of the CMS Restructuring and Insolvency in Europe Newsletter. We aim to give information on topical issues in insolvency and restructuring law in countries in which CMS offices are located.
This edition looks at:
- Belgium - judicial reorganisation procedure and ongoing contracts
- Croatia - the potential liabilities of management boards in Croatia for failing to initiate insolvency proceedings
- Germany - Insolvency Plan Proceedings and proposals for their reform
- Italy - issues on Italian restructuring and insolvency
- Netherlands - personal liability of managing directors
- Poland - the Polish Supreme Court’s decision on the preclusion of evidence under the Polish Bankruptcy and Recovery Law and on parallel debts
- Romania - insolvency reform
- Russia - debt to equity law reform
- Ukraine - tips for understanding potential risks of bankruptcy and insolvency
- United Kingdom developments in the application of the fund ascertainment principle in English case law; and the landlord’s right of hypothec in Scotland
For further information please contact any of the contributors to this newsletter or your usual contact at CMS.