Helping you grow in Slovenia
Starting, and building, a successful business takes a good idea, energy and determination plus the right opportunities and the right people. Working with start-ups excites us here at CMS Slovenia. We are driven by the same force as start-ups: enthusiasm, curiosity and by desire to make a meaningful change. Regardless the sector, be it agriculture, ecommerce, life sciences, technology, etc., we strive to help and support entrepreneurs with bright ideas that will significantly impact our future on their business path. As an early-stage business, legal advice may be pushed to the bottom of the priority list, not least due to the issue of cost. However, for a business to scale successfully, especially when investors are involved, having the right foundations is imperative. We help navigate the often complex legal and regulatory framework, ensuring that every legal angle is covered.
Who are we?
- A leading law firm with a strong sector focus in technology, media and telecommunications, life sciences & healthcare Working with some of the biggest names in tech, life sciences and other sectors as well as up and coming disruptors.
- Strong track record advising start-ups on their successful launch and growth.
- Well-connected in each sector industry through clients and active involvement in key associations.
- The only law firm in Europe that can offer you extensive IP support through our 100 strong international team of IP lawyers, patent and trademark attorneys.
- Providing you access to the ressources in Slovenia, as well as beyond, in CEE region, wider Europe, Middle East, Africa and Latin America through our global equIP programme.
We are well aware that your focus lies in your project but to ensure the ultimate success, be that sale of the company or initial public offering, you will have to overcome not just technical obstacles but also quite a few legal ones, as investors and big corporates expect a certain maturity on the side of start-ups, which includes healthy company structure and processes that enable growth. And here we can lend you a hand.
Making every start-up a success story
Slovenia's economy has seen a steep rise since it joined the EU in 2004. Today, the country is an attractive business location and a popular destination for investors – and the Slovenian start-up scene is also growing steadily. What does it take to set up and develop a successful business? Above all, a good idea, a lot of energy and determination, a little luck and good people – and, last but not least, the right partner to answer your legal questions and help you with industry networking.
That's why we founded CMS equIP: Our programme is aimed at start-ups in the technology sector and supports them in every phase of their development with competent advice tailored to that sector. We even offer reduced prices because our credo is: Innovative ideas must not fail due to unaffordable legal advice.
Apply for equIP in Slovenia
As a member of our Slovenia equIP programme, you benefit from a dedicated local team that is excited about working with start-ups and sees the relationship as an investment into an idea that they believe in – as well as the resources, expertise and network of a much wider global team to work with you and help you take your business to the next level. Wherever that may be.
As part of the Slovenia equIP programme, you benefit from:
- A competitive set of standard equIP rates for all CEE jurisdictions
- A 50% discount on our equIP rates, up to aggregate fees of €25k a year, for 3 years
- Access to the CMS teams in any of the other equIP jurisdictions – with the same 50% discount on their standard hourly rates
- Fixed fee services, bespoke for Slovenian start-ups
- Introductions to relevant industry players – in [country] and also key investor markets
- Access to key markets and investment ecosystems [worldwide/across our network]
- An active international peer network