17 septembre 2014, 09:00 -
The place to discuss the potential and possibilities for a European-wide private placement
Agenda Overview :
09.00 Registration and morning refreshments
09.30 Chairperson’s opening remarks
09.45 A peek into the future: Examining the burgeoning need for a European PP market
- Where do the long-term funding needs lie for European corporates lie?
- How can European capital markets meet financing demands?
- Tracking the effects of monetary policies on a nascent industry
10.15 How useful has the US private placement model been for European issuers to access private sources of funding?
- Issuers, investors or both: Who is driving the market and what can Europe learn from the US?
- Secondary trading and liquidity: What are the best practices to keeping the market so deep?
- What are the drivers behind European issuance in the US market, and how easy is access?
Cathrin Niehaus, Director, Global Head of US Private Placement Group, Deutsche Bank
Jason Rothenberg, Director, Private Placement Group, MetLife Investments
11.00 Morning refreshments and networking break
11.45 Assessing the French Private Placement model
- How much effect has the Euro PP Charter had in fostering issuance?
- What corporates can the Euro PP serve beyond unrated French SMEs? What is the corporate experience with the French PP
- Examining structure, pricing, maturity and the investor base
Thierry Levionnais, Head of Financing & Group Treasury, Louis Delhaize-Eurodel
Mathias Choussy, Credit Portofolio Manager, Private Placement and High Yield, Federis Gestion d'Actifs
12.30 The legal challenges for European-wide private placements: More than just a documentation issue
- How could one jurisdiction ever be picked for a standardised documentation across Europe?
- Bonds or loans: Comparison of different product options
- What are the available types of investor protection across different PP products and can they be combined?
14.15 Drafting the LMA private placement document
- Spotlight on the current situation of the Euro PP market
- What are the challenges preventing the development of the Euro PP market?
- What is the LMA working on in relation to private placements?
Amelia Slocombe, Senior Associate Director, Loan Markets Association
14.45 Driven from the investors’ angle: The European Private Placement Association
- For what purpose was the association founded, what are the key objectives and core members?
- What are the main requirements for European private paper from the investors’ perspectives?
Calum MacPhail, Head of Private Placement, M&G Investment Management
Joost van der Does de Willebois, Senior Board Advisor, NIBC Holding
15.15 Afternoon refreshments and networking break
15.45 The Pan-European Private Placement Working Group: Combining efforts to build a European PP market guide
- Going down the bond route: How can the old Eurobond products and the French PP model serve as a basis?
- What are the regulatory differences across jurisdictions that can hinder investments and where will changes be introduced?
- Who are the future core issuers in this market?
Nicholas Pfaff, Director, Market Practice and Regulatory Policy, ICMA
Calum MacPhail, Head of Private Placement, M&G Investment Mgmt
Marc-Etienne Sébire, Partner, Head of Capital Markets, CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre
Jean Boissinot, Head of Banking and Financial Sector Analysis Division, Finance Department, Direction Générale du Trésor
16.45 Chairperson’s closing remarks followed by drinks reception
Event Speakers Overview :
- Jean Boissinot
Head of Banking and Financial Sector Analysis Division, Finance Department
Direction Générale du Trésor
- Mathias Choussy
Credit Portfolio Manager, Pricate Placement and High Yield
Federis Gestion d'Actifs
- François Haas
Deputy Director General, Operations
Banque de France
- Thierry Levionnais
Head of Financing & Group Treasury
- Calum MacPhail
Head of Private Placements
M&G Investment Management
- Cathrin Niehaus
Head of US Private Placement Group
- Jan-Martin Nufer
Director Treasury & Funding
- Nicholas Pfaff
Director, Market Practice and Regulatory Policy
- Jason Rothenberg
Director, Private Placement Group
- Marc-Etienne Sébire
Partner, Head of Capital Markets
CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre
- Amelia Slocombe
Senior Associate Director
Loan Markets Association
- Emmanuelle Trichet
Head of Short and Medium-term Securities Division, Financial Stability Directorate
Banque de France
- Joost ven der Does de Willebois
Senior Board Advisor