Virginie specialises in Insurance law, corporate litigation (M&A litigation, directors’ liability, shareholders disputes, banking litigation) and restructuring matters (judicial reorganisation, bankruptcies and distressed acquisitions). She acts for both insurers and corporates in complex litigation and arbitration matters.
- Assisting insurers and their insured on litigation matters with major impact (a.o. railway accidents, construction litigation, professional liability, etc.) and reporting to the London insurance market
- Post M&A litigation before arbitral courts (ICC, DIS, Cepani) or ordinary Belgian courts (e.g. squeeze outs, proceedings for breach of R&W, nullification of M&A contracts, general civil litigation)
- Coordination of criminal and civil proceedings in respect of white collar crime cases (directors’ liability in bankrupt companies, disputes involving the appointment of ad hoc management bodies)
- Insurance policy drafting (a.o. D&O, professional liability, W&I, etc.)
- Coverage advice to both insurers and corporates
- Accompanying acquisitions of distressed companies and monitoring of the liabilities of the management across the process in multiple jurisdictions
- Accompanying several buyers in the process of buying a business from distressed companies, companies in judicial reorganisation and bankrupt companies (a.o. in the construction and retail industry)
- Assistance to international insurers in their restructuring process (a.o. the set up of branches across Europe)
- 2005 - Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, KUL (Licentiaat in de rechten)
- 2006 - Université Libre de Bruxelles, ULB (Postgraduaat Business Law)
- 2006 - Ingeschreven aan de Balie (Antwerpen, België)
- Co-author 101 juridische vragen over concurrentie, Intersentia, 2016, 157 p.
- « Het einde van het ‘stil’ faillissement of slechts een tijdelijk afscheid ? », In Foro, maart 2017, nr 56
- « Terrorisme en verzekeringen », Tijdschrift voor verzekeringen, 1/2017, nr 398